Each one of us have some goals to complete, things to learn, and places to visit. With the year getting ended, it is time to lock back and see what all did we do for the last 365 days.
Well, 2018 have been a phenomenal year for me. I got to meet a lot of great people, built connections and learned things. I am really happy to see most of my goals getting completed. I hope you will be happy too, with what you have achieved personally.
Here is everything I did in the last year.
- 📕 Read 16 books. Developing a habit of reading was my focus for 2018. I really enjoyed the time reading, understanding facts and learning a lot from the books. My favourite books were “Factfulness” by Hans Rosling and “The Power of your Subconscious Mind” by Joseph Murphy.
- 💻 Working at HackerEarth is where the major part of 2018 was well spent. I got to meet and make connections with great people. I interned at HackerEarth on-site for 3 months and then continued remotely. It is definitely a great place to work and learn.
- 🏆 2nd Runner up in The Great Hackathon twice. A quaterly organised internal hackathon at HackerEarth, I with my teammates came 3rd twice. I haven’t seen such an amazing culture and work flow anywhere else. Really loved those 24hr hackathons and building product features.
- ✈️ Lived in Bangalore for 3 months. An amazing experience to be cherished. Living alone for 3 months was a great time to learn planning, time management, not shutting the alarm & sleep again and what not. The year long beautiful weather of Bangalore is what no one can ever forget. Though I was unable to cover all the famous eating spots in Bangalore, I certainly went to the best ones. I had 2 trips to Nandi Hills, apparantly one was not enough to be satisfied by the soothing breeze and sunrise. Also went for a one day tour to Mysore.
- 🔥 Got selected for Digital Product School, Munich. It is a 3 months long product development program. I was selected for the batch 6 (Jan to March) of DPS. In a team of 4 with 2 software developers, 1 designer, and 1 product manager each; you have to work with companies including BMW, Audi, Facebook, and IBM; researching about the currently faced consumer problems, ideating about the solutions and finally building a product.
- 📨 Got offers from Grofers and Postman. I have been very recently selected as Fullstack Development Intern and Software Engineer Core Services Intern at Grofers and Postman respectively.
My plans for 2019
- 🍺 Drinking 8 glass of water per day. A new year can not start correctly without a new year resolution. For 2019, mine just a simple one. (Apparantly they don’t have an emoji for a glass of water).
- 📚 Reading books have been the best of 2018. This year too I want to continue with my reading spree. So please recommend me some good books to read in the comments. Preferable genre is self-help, startups, management, non-ficton, biography.
- 📝 Starting with blogging. In 2019 I want to really focus on sharing my knowledge and learnings with others. I think blogging is the best way to that. So I am starting with this blog today on 1st Jan 2019. Stay tuned for more posts.
- 🏫 Mentor for React Bootcamp. I have always liked the process of knowledge sharing. Coding Blocks have been the building blocks for my growth as a software engineer and achieving so many things in the last years. Now I am back at Coding Blocks, being a mentor for React Bootcamp, starting on 20th Jan 2019 at Coding Blocks Pitampura center. Check out the course.
- 💪 Eat, sleep, code, gym, repeat. Being a software developer you are most likely to keep sitting on your chair for the major part of your day. This year I want to take out more time for physical activities.
This is all what I have in my mind for 2019. I always want to meet new people and make connections. Ping me and we will plan and meet. Share about your 2018 and plans for 2019 in comments.